News

ENDSARS PROTEST RESPONSIBLE FOR CONSTANT ATTACK ON PRISONS–AREGBESOLA


The minister of interior, Rauf Aregbesola, has said there have been recurring atta@cks on correctional facilities across the country since the #EndSARS protests in October 2020.
.
.
He said this on Tuesday, July 12, during a visit to the Kirikiri maximum and medium-security custodial centres in Apapa, Lagos.
.
.
This comes following last week’s att@ck on the medium-security prison in Kuje near Abuja, where 879 prisoners were freed.
.
.
According to him, “So far, no jailbreak by inmates has been successful, we have successfully quelled all of them. What we have reoccurring since the #EndSARS protests of October 2020, have been a mass of people att@cking our facilities from outside and setting the inmates free.
.
.
However, I have now directed the Controller General of the NCoS to double his efforts on intelligence gathering to fortify and prevent breaches to the Custodial Centres beyond the use of arms and force.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s